Saturday 3 March 2012

In which our brave heroine fails to celebrate with Our Brave Boys

Well, some of the chaps have been out square-bashing this week to celebrate a very important birthday. I warned 'em it could be dangerous at their age, but they wouldn't have it - even invited some Royals along to watch the damned show apparently. It must have been a success, because the exercise degenerated into some sort of Bacchanalian session and the next day, my library had to be rearranged yet again. I complained to the CO, but he had a hangover and advised me to take an early bath.


Good news on the navigation front though: chap from the Library Management Systems corps delivered the first prototype of our new secret weapon - looks good, but will need some tweaking, so I sent him away and ordered him to spend a week with the Army Physical Training Corps and report back to me afterwards.


Meanwhile over in the eastern Indian territories, operations are going smoothly: working on the all new Ordnance Survey style map designed to help my favourite bewhiskered colonel (Gordon's Highlander's Gin-soaked Regiment - retired) navigate some as-yet undiscovered regions of the Library. Needless to say, he was most grateful. Almost made up for my accidental requisition of his copy of Silas Marner (which he suspected I was holding hostage, but which in fact, I had merely gathered during a mine-sweeping operation in which I nearly detonated several staple guns and a fire extinguisher).  Must be more careful in future.


Sadly the officers' Mess is still - well - frankly messy. Must put in that purchase order for a feather duster and a hoover before my next tour of duty.  Toodle-pip

No comments: