Saturday 12 November 2011

Confessions of a Librarian


Second week in new job and I'm attempting to take control

... so I missed the crucial 11: 11/11/11 - my workplace was too busy celebrating in silence to tell me to be quiet and I was trapped in a broom cupboard (my office) with a historian from Liverpool. Said Scouser insisted on rifling through my archives - which are basically loads of dusty old tomes in the back of the broom cupboard which have apparently lain there undisturbed for a decade or so.

Obviously we needed a torch for this adventure (all very Naval & Military) which sadly ended in failure, but with a promise to resume operations in the New Year, by which time my employers have assured me that 'my' library will actually have some shelves so that the office/broom cup-board may actually have space to stand up in. Watch this space.....


No comments: